study in   

International Students applying for a student visa to study at SITS will apply under the following visa subclass.
572- studying Vocational education and training (VET) courses
Applies to our VET diploma and Advanced Diploma

Entry Requirements

For entry into Diploma and Advanced diploma courses, prospective students are required to have English Language proficiency. SITS will accept test results (with relevant test scores) from any of the following English Language tests:

Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based test (TOEFL iBT) 46, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) (also known as Certificate in Advanced English) 47, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 5.5, Occupational English Test (OET) Pass, and Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-Based test (TOEFL PBT) 527.

SITS may also consider any English Language tests taken in Australia.

The English Language proficiency test score is only valid for two years from the date of the test.

Applying for a Course

Complete and return the Application Form for International Students. You must also attach originals or certified copies of the following documents

  • Proof of English Language proficiency
  • Passport
  • Any other requirements specified by the Training Packages.

Applications can be submitted directly to SITS by mail or email through an authorised education agent.

Staff at SITS’s office will process applications quickly. Applicants will then receive notification informing them of the result of their application.

Receiving a Letter of Offer and Enrolment Acceptance Agreement

Upon receipt of your completed application form and required relevant documents, SITS will ensure that all necessary entry requirements are met before issuing a Letter of Offer and an Enrolment Acceptance Agreement outlining the nominated course, fee schedule, duration of course, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), accommodation fees and airport reception if you require these services.

Please read and understand the Enrolment Acceptance Agreement before returning the complete signed document to SITS. We will also require your initial payment as indicated on the Enrolment Acceptance Agreement. Please ensure all payments are in Australian Dollars.

When you have completed these steps, SITS will then send you a copy of the Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and receipt.

Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)

Take the copy of the Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) to the Australian Consulate, Embassy, High Commission or Australian Education Centre in your home country and apply for a student visa.

If you are applying for your student visa directly, you can obtain information from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship or your local Australian Diplomatic Mission. The Department will then commence procedures for the issue of your visa.

As this can take some time, it is important that your application is submitted well before your course start date.

Education Services

Education System in Australia

Education in Australia for visitors from overseas is highly regulated by the Australian government to ensure the highest possible level of quality and service.

The ESOS framework
The ESOS Framework – providing quality education and protecting your rights.
The Australian Government wants overseas students in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. Australia’s laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. These laws are known as the ESOS framework and they include the Education Services for Overseas (ESOS) Act 2000 and the National Code.
The Department of Education, Employment and Work Relations (DEEWR) is responsible for administering the ESOS Act.

The National Code 2007
The National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2007 (The National Code 2007) is part of the ESOS legislative framework and it provides nationally consistent standards for the conduct of registered providers of international education and the registration of their courses. National Code Explanatory Guide – Part D

National VET Regulator Act 2011

The National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011 has established a new approach to national regulation of the vocational education and training (VET) sector in Australia.

The Act also provides for Standards for VET Accredited Courses, which are in addition to the VET Quality Framework.

Overseas Students Ombudsman
The Overseas Students Ombudsman investigates complaints about problems that overseas students have with private education and training in Australia.

Which types of international students are covered by ESOS?

The ESOS Act applies to international students studying in Australia on a student visa.

DEEWR has produced an Easy Guide to ESOS and a National Code Explanatory Guide, which provide further details.


There are forty-three world class Australian universities. A full range of academic and professional disciplines are offered with awards ranging from associate diploma to doctorates. Typically an undergraduate degree takes at least three years to complete, longer for honours or double degrees.

Vocational (technical & further) education

Vocational Education and Training (VET) / Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions provide courses with a strong vocational focus. Fees are charged for these courses and vary between institutions and states. Some VET/TAFE courses are offered at degree level with the majority being at diploma or associate diploma level.

Private Colleges

Private colleges deliver an excellent range of award and non-award courses throughout Australia including English language. These colleges are required to meet the same quality assurance standards as government institutions and universities. Most private colleges are members of one of the following industry organisations.

Student Visa Conditions

Visa Requirements

Applicants applying for a student visa to study at SITS will apply under one of the following visa subclasses.
572- studying an advanced diploma or diploma course

Major Visa Requirements

You are required to regularly attend your classes and be performing to a satisfactory level i.e. passing your course.
You must maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout the entire duration of your course.
You are not allowed to work for more than 20 hours per week and the work must not interfere with your studies. There are no limitations to work during holiday periods.
SITS is to be informed immediately of any change of address during the duration of your studies
If your country is classified at assessment level 3 or 4, and your study intentions in Australia are for 10 months or less, you will be subject a ‘no further study condition’.
This means you must leave Australia before your student visa expires. If you want to do further study, you leave Australia and apply for a new student visa offshore.
You must remain with the education provider (SITS) with whom you enrolled for the first 6 months of your principal course.
If you change education provider (i.e. leave SITS) you must inform us of the new provider.
Your overseas student health cover (OSHC) must always be current throughout the duration of your study in Australia. Immediate family members who join you must also be covered. Your OSHC fee must be paid before your visa can be issued, and you will need to renew it annually.
If you are absent for more than 3 consecutive days, you must contact SITS.
Further information can be obtained from the links below

Education Agents

As the name implies, SITS is an Australian Education Institute looking to develop and maintain close cooperative relationships with reputable and reliable education Agents.

Agents who are accredited and registered in the field of international education and who have placed students in different levels of Australian education should contact SITS.

SITS aims to firmly established a leading position in the industry.

List of Education Agents

Student Services


SITS recognises that many overseas students will find the adjustment to the Australian way of life difficult when they arrive. Some students may also have problems that will affect their studies and everyday well-being. Therefore, we provide a range of support and services to assist our students to achieve their learning goals. SITS takes the welfare of its students seriously, and will make a conscious effort to assist its students in their time of need.

We look forward to welcoming you and ensuring that your learning experience is both meaningful and enjoyable.

Services available to students

Orientation and transition assistance

To aid the cultural and local life adjustment of new students we provide a comprehensive Student Handbook and Orientation Guide which contains very useful information about Brisbane and Australian culture.


Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is compulsory for all student visa holders. Travel insurance is recommended for all your luggage and personal belongings.

Accommodation arrangement assistance

There is a wide range of accommodation available for international students:

Shared accommodation is where students share the cost for a house or flat/apartment with other students. International students can find advertisements on notice boards and newspapers for shared accommodation. Often shared accommodation requires students to provide their own furniture. Shared accommodation can be economical but you must be prepared to share the cost and the responsibility for household tasks. A$100-A$200 per week.

Rental accommodation

When renting a house, apartment/flat, you will be required to sign a lease. You are required to pay one-month’s rent in advance as well as a security deposit. This deposit is returned to you at the end of your lease if the house/apartment is in the same condition as when you signed the lease. A$250-A$400 per week.

Opportunities to Work

Employment is seen by many as a means of providing additional income to support themselves during the long periods they are away from home. Students on a student visa are able to work 20 hours per week, with full-time work permissible during holiday periods.

Students also like to work as it provides an opportunity to practice their English and meet Australians

Why Study in Australia?

Australia is one of the most popular destinations for International students.
Australia is famous for its fresh air and relaxed lifestyle.
Australia has among the most spectacular, beautiful natural features, forests and beaches in the world.
Our mixture of cultures, foods and religions makes Australia the most multicultural country in the world.
English is the national language and is well taught and understood throughout the country.
Australia is safe from most world threats and environmental dangers such as earthquakes.
The democratic government ensures people have the freedom to express their opinions.
Australia enjoys very low levels of pollution and has extremely clean air, roads, parks and beaches.
Australia has a very modern and progressive infrastructure, education and communications systems, services and lifestyle.

Department of Immigration and Citizenship – Living in Australia

Brisbane is Australia’s New World City, a multi-cultural hub of creativity and invention that provides students with forward-thinking educational providers and world-class research facilities, all in a sub-tropical climate ideal for an outdoor lifestyle. Brisbane offers world-class education along with a high-quality, accessible lifestyle – especially if you compare living expenses and tuition costs with other developed countries. The city also strives to make international students feel at home right from Study Brisbane’s special Airport Welcome, to a range of international student events including the City Welcome Festival and the series of Lord Mayor’s International Student Friendship Ceremonies.

Living Costs

Getting Started

We recommend that students have at least A$2500 on arrival in Brisbane to cover the costs of temporary accommodation, purchase of extra clothing and the set up of permanent accommodation, for example :-

  • rent in advance,
  • bond (security deposit)
  • furniture,
  • household goods,
  • telephone/Internet,
  • gas,
  • electricity,
  • books and equipment

Living Expenses

Living expenses depend on where you study and how you choose to live. Estimated living expenses for an international student are approximately A$12,000 to A$20,000 per year. This covers food, accommodation, travel, entertainment and clothing. Living Costs exclude tuition fees for your course of study.