CRICOS CODE: 090626J
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
- Must be an International student
- New entrants or inexperienced workers with limited/no experience in the business sector.
- Diverse learners from a variety of backgrounds.
- Learners who wish to formalise existing skills, progress in their careers or have the ability to study a higher-level qualification
- Business Manager
- Team Leader
- Department Manager
- Operations/Facilities Manager
- Store Manager
- Retail Manager
- Branch Manager
- Production Manager
RTO Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- International Student will need to provide valid Visa copy, Passport copy and additional academic documents.An International Student may need to provide English IELTS score 5.5 or above or anything equivalent to the same level of English if applying Offshore,however if the student has completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification in Australia and is Onshore, then the IELTS is not required (please refer to student handbook).
- SITS requires students to complete a customised Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) assessment. LLN assessment is conducted to identify any support individual learners need prior to their enrolment or commencement.
- 60 weeks (including holidays)
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This course will be delivered over a period of 60 weeks.
The course will be delivered in four terms. The term dates are:
- Term 1 – 14th Jan 2019 – 07th Apr 2019
- Term 2 – 06th May 2019 – 22nd Sep 2019
- Term 3 – 21st Oct 2019 – 15th Dec 2019
- Term 4 – 13th Jan 2020 – 08th Mar 2020
The course is delivered Monday to Sunday each week. The following dates are identified as Holiday Breaks:
- 8th Apr 2019 – 5th May 2019
- 23rd Sep 2019 – 20th Oct 2019
- 16th Dec 2019 – 12th Jan 2020
The total course duration is 60 weeks including all holidays.
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
- Tuition Fee $6000
- Administration Fee (not refundable) $250
- Learning Resources $300
Total Fees: $6,550.00
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may be eligible to apply for recognition of their chosen qualification by providing evidence of their previous training, employment experience or other life skills that meet qualification requirements. Successful applications may result in a reduced training time.
Students may be eligible to apply for credit transfer. This is where you can provide evidence of previous studies where there is equivalence to the units of competency within the course.
(Please refer to student handbook).
Units of Competency
Total number of units = 12
- 4 core units plus
- 8 elective units
These are listed below:
|BSBLDR501||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement|