CRICOS CODE: 0100460
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of builders, including selecting contractors, overseeing the work and its quality, and liaising with clients.
The builder may also be the appropriately licensed person with responsibility under the relevant building licensing authority in the State or Territory. Builder licensing varies across States and Territories and additional requirements to attainment of this qualification may be required.
Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
- Must be an International student
- New entrants or inexperienced workers with limited/no experience in the construction sector
- Diverse learners from a variety of backgrounds.
- Learners who wish to formalise existing skills, progress in their careers or have the ability to study a higher-level qualification
- Register Builder – Construction Manager
- Project Manager
RTO Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- International Student will need to provide valid Visa copy, Passport copy and additional academic documents. An International Student may need to provide English IELTS score 5.5 or above or anything equivalent to the same level of English if applying Offshore, however if the student has completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification in Australia and is Onshore, then the IELTS is not required .(please refer to student handbook).
- SITS requires students to complete a customised Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) assessment. LLN assessment is conducted to identify any support individual learners need prior to their enrolment or commencement.
- 72 weeks (including holidays)
The total course duration is 72 weeks including all holidays
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
- Tuition Fee $17,000
- Enrolment fee – $300
- Material fee – $700
Total Fees: $18,000
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may be eligible to apply for recognition of their chosen qualification by providing evidence of their previous training, employment experience or other life skills that meet qualification requirements. Successful applications may result in a reduced training time.
Students may be eligible to apply for credit transfer. This is where you can provide evidence of previous studies where there is equivalence to the units of competency within the course.
(Please refer to student handbook).
Units of Competency
Total number of units = 18
- 13 core units plus
- 5 elective units
These are listed below:
|BSBOHS504B||Apply principles of OHS risk management|
|BSBPMG505A||Manage project quality|
|BSBPMG508A||Manage project risk|
|CPCCBC4001A||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects|
|CPCCBC4003A||Select and prepare a construction contract|
|CPCCBC4004A||Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4010B||Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4013A||Prepare and evaluate tender documentation|
|CPCCBC5001B||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise building projects|
|CPCCBC5002A||Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC5003A||Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work|
|CPCCBC5010B||Manage construction work|
|CPCCBC5018A||Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings|
|CPCCBC5004A||Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials|
|CPCCBC5009A||Identify services layout and connection methods to medium rise construction projects|
|CPCCBC4011B||Apply structural principles to commercial low rise constructions|
|CPCCBC4018A||Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC5005A||Select and manage building and construction contractors|