CRICOS CODE: 0100459
This qualification provides a trade outcome in carpentry, covering work in residential and commercial applications.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as a specialist field of work. Completion of the general induction training program specified by the National Code of Practice for Induction Training for Construction Work (ASCC 2007) is required before entering a construction work site. Achievement of unit CPCCOHS1001A covers this requirement.
Our teachers and staff are all dedicated to help you achieve your training goals by giving friendly and courteous assistance whenever required, and our training programs are innovative, creative and flexible, and designed to suit the needs of students, employers and industry.
- Must be an International student
- New entrants or inexperienced workers with limited/no experience in the construction sector
- Diverse learners from a variety of backgrounds.
- Learners who wish to formalise existing skills, progress in their careers or have the ability to study a higher-level qualification
- Carpenter and Joiner
- Carpenter and Joiner (Installation)
- Carpenter and Joiner (Stairs)
- Stair Builder
RTO Entry Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- International Student will need to provide valid Visa copy, Passport copy and additional academic documents. An International Student may need to provide English IELTS score 5.5 or above or anything equivalent to the same level of English if applying Offshore, however if the student has completed a Certificate IV or higher qualification in Australia and is Onshore, then the IELTS is not required (please refer to student handbook).
- SITS requires students to complete a customised Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LLN) assessment. LLN assessment is conducted to identify any support individual learners need prior to their enrolment or commencement.
- 52 weeks (including holidays)
The total course duration is 52 weeks including all holidays
Mode of Delivery
- Face to face
- Tuition Fee $12,000
- Enrolment fee – $300
- Material fee – $700
Total Fees: $13,000
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may be eligible to apply for recognition of their chosen qualification by providing evidence of their previous training, employment experience or other life skills that meet qualification requirements. Successful applications may result in a reduced training time.
Students may be eligible to apply for credit transfer. This is where you can provide evidence of previous studies where there is equivalence to the units of competency within the course.
(Please refer to student handbook).
Units of Competency
Total number of units = 30
- 22 core units plus
- 8 elective units
These are listed below:
|CPCCCA2002B||Use carpentry tools and equipment|
|CPCCCA2011A||Handle carpentry materials|
|CPCCCA3001A||Carry out general demolition of minor building structures|
|CPCCCA3002A||Carry out setting out|
|CPCCCA3023A||Carry out levelling operations|
|CPCCCM1012A||Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry|
|CPCCCM1013A||Plan and organise work|
|CPCCCM1014A||Conduct workplace communication|
|CPCCCM1015A||Carry out measurements and calculations|
|CPCCCM2001A||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCCM2002A||Carry out excavation|
|CPCCCM2007B||Use explosive power tools|
|CPCCCM2008B||Erect and dismantle restricted height scaffolding|
|CPCCCM2010B||Work safely at heights|
|CPCCCO2013A||Carry out concreting to simple forms|
|CPCCOHS2001A||Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry|
|CPCCCA3003A||Install flooring systems|
|CPCCCA3004A||Construct wall frames|
|CPCCCA3005B||Construct ceiling frames|
|CPCCCA3006B||Erect roof trusses|
|CPCCCA3007C||Construct pitched roofs|
|CPCCCA3010A*||Install and replace windows and doors|
|CPCCCA3012A*||Frame and fit wet area fixtures|
|CPCCCA3018A*||Construct, erect and dismantle formwork for stairs and ramps|
|CPCCCA3019A*||Erect and dismantle formwork to suspended slabs, columns, beams and walls|
|BSBSMB301||Investigate micro business opportunities||BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances||CPCCCA2003A*||Erect and dismantle formwork for footings and slabs on ground||CPCCCA3011A*||Refurbish timber sashes to window frames|